There are different types of subwoofers. To decide whether to get the best sealed subwoofer or a ported one, you should know more about them.
Sealed subwoofer housings place the subwoofer in a secured box so that the front cone of the speaker only protrudes from the box. It emits a solid bass without generating a vibrating boom in compact cabinet construction.
Ported subwoofer enclosures use the same structural design as the sealed speaker, but the enclosure has an additional opening near the back of the cone. The rear sound waves can exit the housing through the opening or connection.
We don’t recommend
- The price is a bit high, and you may want to consider SVS SB-3000. If the new model does not have enough bass, you may just get another one
- It does not have an automatic setup what requires more time to assemble the unit
- Without IP control, you need to adjust all settings manually
- It is quite heavy, and if you want to move the subwoofer, you will need ass
Best Sealed Subwoofer Reviews
SVS SB-3000 – best overall
You can find plenty of various SVS models on the market. In case you need a new SB model and something worth trying, you should consider the SVS SB-3000 model. This sealed sub is one of the newest from this manufacturer. Its main goal is to deliver deep and high-quality bass with the convenient management of the subwoofer.
SB-3000 also brings innovations. It has a 13-inch high excursion driver and 800W of output. The peak power allows you to reach more than 2500W of power. As a result, you receive amazing bass. Inside this unit, you also have a Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier. It brings out the full potential of SVS SB-3000. Moreover, its design combines features of D class amplifier with a large current to create real-world like sound.
The rear panel is different. It has an ICI interface for manual adjustments and a convenient mobile application for remote control. There is also a pair of standard A&B in/outputs. If you plan to connect it with other devices, you will not have difficulties. SVS SB-3000 has three-band parametric EQ and adjustable frequencies, which you can manage with a mobile application. The whole unit is just a 15-inches cube. It easily fits various rooms and can be placed on the floor.
The housing is very compact. Its sealed cabinet delivers bass without redundant vibrations. Double-thick MDF and rigid bracing firmly keep powerful driver. It is not very large, which allows you to place it in convenient locations of the room to receive better sound quality.
- Power (RMS), W: 800
- Driver size : 13″
- Frequency response: 18Hz-270Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 15.2″ x 15.6″ x 17.8″
- With the Digital Signal processing, you receive precise and controlled bass
- The remote mobile application has enough range to control the subwoofer from larger distances
- It does not require a lot of time to unpack, install and adjust all the settings
- The subwoofer does not have many in/outputs to connect multiple devices
If you are looking for a nice sealed powered subwoofer, then you will be interested in Kanto Sub8. It has a nice and simple mate design, which can be of black and grey colors or gloss white and black. The housing is easy to carry as it is made of lightweight and rigid aluminum. The fiber dust cap protects the speaker and allows users to receive a fast response. It belongs to active subwoofers that do not require additional equipment to deliver sound. Moreover, you will not receive unwanted vibrations due to an acoustic grade MDF cabinet.
Another reason why you receive such precise and wonderful sounds is the powerful output of 250W. With 8-inch, you receive a balanced and detailed bass response of favorite soundtracks. Kanto Sub8 also serves as a D class amplifier of 215W.
In case you plan to join it to your audio system, the Kanto subwoofer has a precision crossover filter system with a phase switch. Additionally, as every room is different, on the rear side, it has switchers to adjust frequency and volume to receive bass you like.
- Power (RMS), W: 125
- Driver size : 8″
- Frequency response: 35Hz-175Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 11″ x 11″ x 11.9″
- You receive precise and high-quality sounds
- It does not require a lot of space and easy to move
- Simple control and management via a smartphone application
- When the subwoofer does not play music, you can hear a noticeable hum
Advantages of sealed home theater subwoofers
If you plan to arrange a nice home theater, then you need to get the best sealed subwoofer. With such a unit, you will always receive wonderful sound quality and enjoy watching favorite movies. In this type of speaker, the sound does not cause too many vibrations. The housing helps to reduce them and make sounds clearer.
Among the benefits of sealed home theater subwoofers, they are not very large and heavy. Their design and weight are suitable for moving them around the room to find the right place. With ported subwoofers, you will not be able to do that just by yourself.